Sunday, January 15, 2012

Hot apple cider and other memories

On one of my parents visits to United States we took them around New York city. We decided to book ourselves into the open deck hop on and hop off bus for a quick tour. My mom and I were at our giggling best that day, like two teens out for the day. We got on the bus at Times Square and quickly went to the upper level. In some time we were all cold and pulled our coat collars up and tightened the scarves around our necks. Of course none of the cold could keep us from seeing the sights. Just a little after the Wall Street stop as we rounded a corner, I spied a few stalls under umbrellas. We jumped off the bus hoping to get some hot coffee. There were 4 to 5 stalls selling hot dogs, muffins, cakes, breads, jams, apple cider and a few other things. We quickly got some blueberry muffins and apple cider and dug into it straightaway not bothering to find a place to sit. That was my first taste of apple cider and I cannot forget to this day how delicious it tasted on that wintery cold day.

No comments: