Saturday, January 4, 2014

Aloo Sabzi - Another Potato Sabzi

Last night when deciding on what to make for dinner, I suggested bhindi and my husband wanted aloo. Initially we thought of combining the two and making one sabzi but then decided not. So I made the lady finger sabzi and my husband made the aloo sabzi.
My husband decided on making a sukka sabzi a little differently from our aloo masala. Instead of adding the mustard seeds tadka, curry leaves and green chillies like in the masala from the masala dosa, he made it very quickly and simply with red chilli powder. And he was out of the kitchen while I was still working on my stuff. So here goes the recipe.

Ingredients
Potato - 4 to 5, medium
Onion - 1, medium
Turmeric pwd - 1/2 tsp
Red chilli pwd - 1 tsp
Oil - 1 tbsp
Coriander sprigs - 2 to 3
Chop the onion and coriander leaves and keep aside.
Wash and peel the potatoes in a pressure cooker for 2 whistles. Once the pressure is released, take it out and dice it and keep aside till ready to add to the sabzi.

Heat oil in a pan and add the chopped onion and saute till light golden. Add the turmeric and red chilli powders and saute. To this, add the boiled potato pieces and mix well. Saute for a few minutes and add the chopped coriander leaves and mix. This is done and can now be taken off the heat.
 

 

No comments: